Making a low carb lunch is a breeze with this Keto Chicken Salad! You are going to love how quick it is to make, and with just one net carb a serving it will help you stay on track with your macros. Serve it by itself, in a low carb tortilla, or lettuce wraps. Perfect for meal prep, this recipe can be kept in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Keto Chicken Salad Backstory
One of my favorite things about following a low carb diet, it that it lets me enjoy a lot of my favorites without any guilt.
Real cream in my coffee. Chocolate “fat bombs”. And pizza with fathead dough.
I still get amazed that I can eat these things and not only feel great but lose weight.
Another thing I now enjoy on the regular? Chicken Salad.
This Keto Chicken Salad makes a regular appearance on my lunch table. I like to double the recipe, so there is enough for the whole family to have lunch for a few days. (Skye won’t touch it, but then she doesn’t touch much of anything.)
If I forget to double it, I am prone to hide it in the produce drawer under the kale. Because I know hubby won’t look for it there and between him and the boys, they eat enough to make a whole recipe disappear before I get any. (That is another thing to love about this recipe – it is one of those things that you don’t have to be following a low carb lifestyle to enjoy.)
My favorite way to serve this is in lettuce wraps because it gives me room to have a higher carb dinner. I’ve also made low carb tortillas and melted cheese over it for a chicken salad melt. To. Die. For.
Either way you serve it, you are going to love having a quick and easy keto lunch to reach for.
You Will Need:
- Mixing bowls
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can! BUT, you need to be careful of what brands you buy. Some mayonnaise has added sugar. Stick to one that doesn’t, or better yet, make your own. It takes less than 10 minutes and gives you complete control over the ingredients.
Yes! They are a great grab and go snack, perfect with burgers, and add a zip to recipes like this chicken salad. Like with mayo, you just need to read labels and make sure that you are getting a brand with no added sugar. I prefer refrigerated pickles, which are fermented and have only clean ingredients.
- Use Keto Ranch Dressing in place of the dressing.
- Add three ounces of crumbled blue cheese to the dry ingredients and two tablespoons buffalo hot sauce to the dressing.
- Swap out the onions for scallions.
- Add diced avocado just before serving.
- Use macadamia nuts or almonds in place of the pecans.
If You Like This Post You May Also Like:
Keto Chicken Salad
Keto Chicken Salad
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cooked
- 8 ounces bacon cooked
- 2 dill pickles chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chop or shred the chicken. Place in a large bowl and add bacon, dill pickles, celery, red onion, pecans, and dill.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.