Making a low-carb lunch is a breeze with this Keto Chicken Salad! You will love how quick it is to make, and with just one net carb a serving it will help you stay on track with your macros. Serve it by itself, in a low-carb tortilla, or lettuce wraps. Perfect for meal prep, you can keep this recipe in the refrigerator for up to four or five days.
One of my favorite things about following a low-carb diet is that it lets me enjoy many of my favorites without any guilt.
I still get amazed that I can eat these things and not only feel great but lose weight.
Another thing I now enjoy on the regular? Keto-Friendly Chicken Salad.
This Keto Chicken Salad makes a regular appearance on my lunch table. I like to double the recipe, so it is enough for the whole family to have lunch for a few days.
My favorite way to serve this is in lettuce leaves because it gives me room to have a higher-carb dinner.
I've also made gluten-free almond flour tortillas and melted cheese over it for a chicken salad melt. To. Die. For.
Either way you serve it, you will love having a quick and easy keto lunch to reach for.
Ingredients for Making This Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
- Chicken: You can use breasts or thighs. It is a great way to use leftover chicken, but you can also cook some chicken up in your instant pot or pick up a rotisserie chicken.
- Bacon: Whatever type of bacon you prefer works, but do check the label to make sure it is sugar-free.
- Pickles: Look for pickles with zero carbs. Bubbies is my go-to brand.
- Celery and Onion: Both add flavor and crunch.
- Pecans: If you have time, toast your pecans first. This brings out the flavor.
- Dill: Fresh is best, but you can use dried if you don't have fresh.
- Mayonnaise: Make sure you check the label and use a brand that is sugar-free.
- Vinegar: I used apple cider vinegar, but red or white wine vinegar would work as well.
- Mustard: I like Dijon mustard, but grainy brown mustard works too.
- Salt and pepper: Adjust the amount to your liking.
Frequently Asked Questions
That depends on the recipe! Many recipes are, but not all. It is important that you use mayonnaise that does not contain sugar.
Additionally, avoid recipes that contain fruits like grapes, which are high in sugar.
Yes, you can, as long as you read the label. Some mayonnaise has added sugar. Stick to one that doesn't or make your own mayonnaise.
It takes less than 10 minutes and gives you complete control over the ingredients.
Yes! They are a great grab and go snack, perfect with burgers, and add a zip to recipes like this chicken salad. Like with mayo, you just need to read labels and make sure that you are getting a brand with no added sugar.
I prefer refrigerated pickles, which are fermented and have only clean ingredients.
The amount will vary by recipe, but this one has just 1 net carb per serving.
Keto chicken salad with bacon will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I do not recommend freezing it.
- Use Keto Ranch Dressing in place of the dressing.
- Add three ounces of crumbled blue cheese to the dry ingredients and two tablespoons of buffalo hot sauce to the dressing.
- Swap out the onions for scallions.
- Add diced avocado just before serving.
- Use macadamia nuts or almonds in place of the pecans.
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Salad
To make this recipe, start by shredding or chopping your chicken. Place it in a large mixing bowl and toss it with the bacon, chopped pickles, celery, red onion, pecans, and dill.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
More Keto Recipes to Try
- Keto Pecans are one of my go-to snacks on their own and also a delicious way to elevate this recipe!
- When you want a salad that never fails to satisfy, this Low Carb Cobb Salad is perfection.
- Keto Stuffed Chicken is one of my go-to meals. It works just as well for entertaining as it does a busy weeknight meal.
Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cooked
- 8 ounces bacon cooked
- 2 dill pickles chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Chop or shred the chicken. Place in a large bowl and add bacon, dill pickles, celery, red onion, pecans, and dill.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.