Looking for a pasta substitute for your low carb diet? Zucchini Noodles are great, but sometimes I want to switch things up. These Keto Cabbage Noodles are the perfect way to do it! They offer a firmer texture than zucchini and are easy to cut into a variety of widths. Perfect for serving with Keto Stuffed Meatballs and Marinara Sauce, this low carb side dish is a keeper.
I am not going to lie - I adore pasta.
Of course, when you are on a low carb diet, traditional pasta is off-limits.
I am always looking for alternatives that will help me stick to my goals, and these Keto Cabbage Noodles are a new favorite.
While no veggie will be an exact duplicate, cabbage pasta is a fun twist and is up there as my favorite alternative.
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Ingredients for Making Cabbage Pasta Keto
- Green Cabbage - I suppose technically, you could use red cabbage, but I don't think this would be visually appealing in most cases.
- Butter - I love the richness of flavor that butter imparts on the cabbage. If you prefer, ghee, olive oil, or avocado oil would also work.
- Garlic Powder - One clove of fresh minced garlic would also work.
- Salt and Pepper - Fresh ground black pepper and pink sea salt are my go-to choices.
Tools Needed to Make Cabbage Noodles
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales.
Store the cooked noodles in the refrigerator for up to two days. Uncooked noodles will keep in the crisper drawer for about five days.
Frequently Asked Questions
The width you cut your noodles to is entirely a personal preference. You can go thin, like angel hair, or thicker like fettuccine.
You can use a spiralizer or food processor to cut cabbage noodles.
If you want to cut noodles by hand - which is what I did - start by cutting the cabbage in half. Core it, and cut each half in half.
Then cut the cabbage into thin strips.
A cup of shredded cabbage has just two net carbs, making it a great veggie for your ketogenic diet.
Yes, I recommend washing all vegetables.
Not only do you have to worry about pesticides and other potential contaminants they have come into contact with, but there could also be pests such as worms.
To wash, remove the outer leaves and cut it in half. Run under water and then blot with a clean towel.
If you like, you can cut your noodles and then wash them. Afterward, give them a whirl a salad spinner to remove excess moisture.
How to Make Keto Cabbage Noodles
Start by cutting your cabbage in half and then coring it.
Cut each half in half and then cut the cabbage into thin strips.
Another option is to spiralize the cabbage. You can read more about how to do that here.
For skinny "noodles," you can use your food processor.
Once you have your noodles cut, melt the butter in your skillet.
Add cabbage, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, occasionally stirring, for about 10 minutes.
You May Also Like
- Cabbage Rice is the perfect rice alternative that even kids love!
- Keto Coleslaw is an easy side this never fails to satisfy.
- Looking for more veggie inspiration? Check out these 37 Keto Zucchini Recipes!
- Sharp Knife or
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the cabbage in half and core. Cut each half in half, creating four chunks. Cut into thin strips. Alternatively, you can spiralize the cabbage or use your food processor.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the cabbage, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.