Game day just got more delicious thanks to this Cheesy Keto Spinach Dip. With three kinds of cheese, including tangy feta, nutty Parmesan, and creamy mozzarella, and a subtle kick of heat, this crowd pleasing recipe is perfect for making ahead! Serve it with crisp vegetables, keto-friendly crackers, or bread cubes.
Keto Spinach Dip is Appetizer Perfection!
As long as I can remember, I have been obsessed with appetizers. They are always so flavor-packed that I often prefer them to main courses.
In the past, when we would eat out, I would often try to talk the family into forgoing entrees and ordering a lot of appetizers instead.
Of course, this is a bit of a challenge now that I am on a low carb diet since most of the time, appetizers involve lots of carbs.
These days, I am enjoying appetizers at home. I love the cheesy goodness of this Low Carb Spinach Dip, and I think you will too!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is spinach keto friendly?
Spinach is an excellent option for keto! It is high in vitamin K, good for heart health, and low in net carbs. Every 3 1/2 ounces of raw spinach has just 23 calories and 1.4 net carbs. It is high in fiber with 2.2 grams.
Are artichokes ok on keto?
Artichokes are a fabulous low carb vegetable that can be consumed in moderation on a keto diet. It is high in fiber, which helps to lower the net carbs. Three ounces of artichokes have just 40 calories and 4 net carbs.
How many carbs are in spinach artichoke dip?
Recipes can vary based on ingredients, but spinach artichoke dip is going to have more carbs than spinach dip without artichokes. This recipe has 3.8 net carbs per serving. If you omit the artichokes, that number is reduced to 2.8 net carbs.
Is spinach dip keto-friendly?
Most spinach dips made from real food ingredients (i.e., not powdered soup mixes) are going to be keto-friendly. As always, it is important to read ingredients to understand what is in the recipe.
Can you make this recipe ahead of time?
Absolutely! This recipe can be made up to two days ahead of time and baked just before serving. Leftovers will keep well covered in the refrigerator for up to four days.
How to Make Warm Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip
1 First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Drain the artichokes and place them in a food processor. Pulse until chopped.
2 Next, add the spinach, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, garlic, Parmesan, feta, salt, and cayenne. Pulse until everything is combined. Add heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
3 Finally, transfer to a baking dish and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly.
Tools Needed to Make This Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales.
- Food Processor (You can chop and mix everything by hand if you don’t have one.)
- Casserole dish or cast iron skillet
- Add 1 tablespoon dried minced onions.
- If you aren’t a fan of raw garlic, used 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Substitute lemon juice for the apple cider vinegar
- If desired, you can add in 1/4 teaspoon of Swerve confectioners for a subtle hint of sweetness.
- Add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- If you don’t mind additional carbohydrates, increase the artichokes to 14 ounces. This will increase the net carbs per serving to 4.7.
Keto-Friendly Options to Serve with This Recipe
- Red or green peppers
- Tomatoes (in limited quantity)
- Keto Crackers
- Keto Bread, cubed and toasted
- Keto Chips, like Quest
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- Caramelized Onion Meatballs are the perfect nibble that works just as well as an appetizer as it does as a main course.
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip is hearty enough for a meal. This delicious appetizer is quick to make and always a crowd pleaser.
- Keto Pizza Casserole a meat lover’s paradise! All your favorite flavors with three kinds of meat.
Keto Spinach Dip
- Food Processor
- 7 ounce can artichokes drained (optional; omit to lower carbs)
- 10 ounces frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream more as needed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place artichokes in a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add spinach, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, garlic Parmesan, feta, salt and cayenne. Pulse until everything is combined.
- Add heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a 1-quart baking dish and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly.
- Serve warm with vegetables, or keto-friendly crackers.