Keto Taquitos are super-quick to make and so flavor-packed! With flavorful, creamy Chicken Tinga and cheese taquito shells, this is a low-carb twist on a classic that doesn’t sacrifice a smidgen of flavor.
I love all kinds of Mexican and Southwestern flavors.
This Keto Taco Salad is one of my go-to lunches.
Enchilada Casserole, Beef Enchiladas, Zucchini Enchiladas, and Keto Taco Casserole all make a regular appearance on our dinner table.
My latest creation is these Keto Chicken Taquitos.
They are so easy to make and full of flavor.
I like to mix up the chicken mixture ahead of time during my meal prep so that I have got a quick and easy meal in minutes.
Ingredients for Making Keto Chicken Taquitos
- Chicken Tinga: This is my go-to for Southwestern and Mexican recipes. If you would like, feel free to use plain shredded chicken.
- Cream Cheese: Full-fat cream cheese is a must.
- Sour Cream: Ensure that you use full fat here as well.
- Cheese: You can use any cheese that you like. I like the full flavor of cheddar cheese, but mozzarella is another excellent option. (The cooking time will vary depending on the type of cheese.)
Tips, Tricks, & Variations
- When making these cheese shell taquitos, you want to let the cheese cool for a few minutes before you try to roll the taquitos. Just be careful - the cheese will harden quickly, and if you wait too long you will not be able to roll the shells.
- If you prefer, you can use ground beef cooked in taco seasoning in place of the chicken tinga.
- I love the simplicity of the cheese taco shells, but almond flour tortillas may be used in place of the cheese if you like. Just fill, roll, and fry in oil until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can make this with rotisserie chicken. I would suggest adding some seasonings to enhance the flavor. A tablespoon or two of my keto taco seasoning as well as keto enchilada sauce would be a good option.
Yes, you can. To do so, form the cheese into squares or rounds and bake just as you would the sliced.
Tools Needed to Make Low Carb Taquitos
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualified sales.
I was surprised to find that these chicken taquitos were good leftovers. They lasted for a day or two in the refrigerator. Just warm them gently before serving.
The meat mixture will keep for about four days.
How to Make Keto Taquitos
First, start by preheating your oven and lining baking sheets with either parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Combine the chicken, cream cheese, and sour cream in a large bowl.
Arrange the cheese slices in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes - the actual time it takes will depend on the brand of cheese and how thick it is. The edges of the cheese should have started to brown, and the cheese should be bubbly.
Remove the cheese and allow it to cool slightly - a minute or two.
Transfer to a plate and place a small amount of the chicken mixture on the cheese tortilla.
Roll up and transfer to a platter seam side down.
You May Also Like
- Keto Green Chili Chicken is cheesy, creamy, and oh-so-good! It low carb chicken dinner that is anything but boring.
- Craving serious flavors? This Keto Steak Fajitas are a party in your mouth! This is a recipe that the family will love.
- Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps make a delicious lunch and a great light dinner.
- 1 ½ cups shredded Chicken Tinga
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- For serving: sour cream guacamole, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, and sour cream.
- Place the cheese in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for about 8 to 12 minutes. (Cooking time will vary depending on the brand of cheese.)
- Allow to cool slightly. Place a small amount of the chicken mixture on the edge of each cheese “tortilla” and roll it up.
- Transfer to a platter seam side down.
- Serve with your desired sauces and toppings.