There is nothing quite as cozy as the smell of chili simmering on the stove. This hearty and satisfying Low Carb Chili has a smoky sauce that you are going to love! It is so easy to make – the perfect one-pot meal for a busy weeknight. Just 5 net carbs per serving!
When You Need Comfort Food, This Low Carb Chili is Perfect!
While it is still ridiculously hot here, there is something about September being just around the corner that makes me transition to all things fall.
I’ve been dreaming of pumpkin spice, soup, and of course, chili!
When I first when low carb, I had my doubts about making chili without beans. I mean, is that even chili?
It turns out, I don’t miss the beans at all! This Low Carb Chili Recipe is perfect for a chilly fall day.
But, if it is still hot where you are you can do what I did and turn the air conditioning down a notch!
It is worth it to enjoy this deliciously smoky chili!
Whatever you do, don’t skip the toppings! I’ve got some suggestions for you below.
How to Make Low Carb Chili
1 First, heat a large dutch oven to medium-high heat. (You can also use the saute function on an Instant Pot.) Add the ground beef and cook until it is brown, breaking it up with the back of a spoon. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
2 Next, add the onion and poblano chili and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds longer.
3 After that, sprinkle the mixture with smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne pepper.
4 Finally, stir in the tomatoes, bone broth, and red wine vinegar. Return the beef to the pot and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Variations for This Recipe
- For additional heat, add in 1-2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce. If you really want to kick it up, you can also add a jalapeño pepper.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of white and black pepper.
- Add in 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano and 1 tablespoon smoked paprika.
- In place of the ground beef, use should tender steak cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Add two 4.5 ounce cans of chopped green chilies.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Can I Make this Recipe in a Crock Pot?
To make Slow Cooker Keto Beef, complete the recipe through step 8 either in a slow cooker with a saute function, or on the stove top. Transfer the mixture to your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 4 hours.
Can I Make this Recipe in an Instant Pot?
To make this recipe in an Instant Pot, use the saute function an complete the recipe through step 8. Put the lid on, making sure that the steam valve is sealed. Set the cooker to high pressure for 20 minutes. Let it stand for 10 minutes, and then quickly release the pressure.
What are the Best Toppings for Low Carb Chili?
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Onions – Green, white, or red
- Keto Cornbread
- Fresh Diced Tomatoes
- Sliced Avocado
- Chopped Olives
- Hot sauce
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
Yes! To freeze this recipe, allow it to cool completely in the refrigerator. Transfer to individual portioned containers (or zip-top bags), and freeze for up to three months. Don’t forget to label it!
You May Also Like:
- Looking fo a simple meal that the whole family will love? This Keto BBQ Chicken is always a good bet.
- For a fast and easy one-pot meal, this Low Carb Cauliflower Fried Rice is simply delicious.
- Quick and easy meal prep doesn’t get much better than this Keto Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken.
Low Carb Chili
This Keto Chili is a weeknight standard that the whole family will love. It is full of flavor and has a smoky heat you will adore. (Feel free to adjust the spiciness according to your personal preference.) Serve this chili on its own, over cauliflower rice, or with keto-friendly cornbread.
Low Carb Chili
- Dutch Oven
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 poblano chili seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 1/2 cups beef bone broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat a large dutch oven to medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and cook until the meat is brown, breaking it up with the back of a spoon.
- Remove the ground beef from the dutch oven using a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the onion, and poblano chili and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer.
- Sprinkle the mixture with smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in tomatoes, bone broth, and red wine vinegar.
- Return the browned beef to the pot.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.