When you are craving a little flavor thrill, this Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash is perfect! It is creamy and cheesy with just the right kiss of heat. No need to miss pasta here - this is so satisfying! Make this spaghetti squash recipe once, and you will fall in love.
I am all about spaghetti! From my keto twist on traditional spaghetti to my chicken spaghetti recipe, low carb versions of my favorites make a regular appearance on my dinner table
If you like spaghetti squash, I have a treat for you today!
This Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake is the stuff dreams are made of. You won’t believe how full of flavor this low-carb recipe is.
The first time I tasted this, I had the urge to hide it from the family so I could enjoy it myself.
Sadly, they felt the same, and it was gone in a flash!
Give it a try, and let me know how it goes at your house!
Ingredients for Making Spaghetti Squash Buffalo Chicken
- Spaghetti Squash: Spaghetti squash has a fresh flavor and pale flesh that scrapes into noodle-like strands when cooked.
- Chicken: You want about two cups of cooked and cubed chicken. Either chicken breast or thighs will work.
- Celery: Two chopped and diced celery stalks add just the right texture.
- Tomato: Any type of chopped tomato will work. If you follow strict keto, be conscious of the amount as the carbs can add up quickly.
- Hot Sauce: Use a zero-carb buffalo sauce, like Frank’s hot sauce.
- Ranch: Use my homemade ranch, or buy a keto-friendly ranch at the store. You could also use blue cheese dressing if you prefer.
- Butter: I recommend unsalted butter to better control the salt level of the dish.
- Cheese: Shredded cheddar and blue cheese add just the right pop of flavor. If you don’t care for blue cheese, just use more cheddar or sub in goat cheese.
Tips & Tricks
- To turn your squash into “noodles,” hold the cooked squash half over a large bowl and use a fork to scrape the noodles into the bowl. If it is hot, you can hold the squash with a clean dish towel.
- The easiest way to cut a spaghetti squash is to place it on a damp towel. Position the knife on the rind and use a rubber mallet to drive the knife through the squash.
- To save time, you can use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store..
- Some people like to brush spaghetti squash with olive oil before cooking. You can do this, but I don’t find it necessary if you are using parchment paper.
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole is a meal that doesn’t need a side dish! If you want something to go with it, go for something simple. A green salad, Broccoli Salad, or Spinach Salad all work great.
For some crunch, crumbled cheese chips make a great topping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Spaghetti squash is a popular option for a low-carb alternative to pasta. But is it truly keto-friendly?
A one-cup serving of spaghetti squash contains about 10 grams of carbohydrates, which puts it squarely in the "low carb" category.
However, it's important to keep in mind that some of these carbs come from fiber. In fact, spaghetti squash contains about 7.8 grams of usable carbs per serving. This makes it an excellent option for those on a ketogenic diet.
In addition to being low in carbs, spaghetti squash is also a good source of vitamins A and C and potassium and manganese.
Spaghetti squash gets its name from its spaghetti-like appearance. When cooked, the flesh of the squash breaks into long, thin strands that resemble spaghetti noodles.
While it is often used as a pasta substitute, spaghetti squash has a milder flavor and a softer texture.
Like most veggies, it is a good source of vitamins and minerals, making it a healthier option than traditional pasta.
While spaghetti squash is native to North America, it is now grown in many places worldwide.
As a result, it is easy to find in most supermarkets. Whether you are looking for a healthy alternative to pasta or simply wanting to try something new, gluten-free and low carb, spaghetti squash is a delicious and nutritious option.
Tools Needed to Make Spaghetti Squash Buffalo Chicken Casserole
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Square casserole dish
Leftovers will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for three days. I recommend reheating in the oven, but the microwave will also work.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This section offers a visual walkthrough of the recipe; for the full recipe, see the recipe card below.
First, start by cooking your spaghetti squash.
To do this, preheat your oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice the spaghetti squash lengthwise. Be careful - they are difficult to cut!
Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and then place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet.
Bake until tender, about 40 minutes. (Don’t want to heat up the oven? Try this Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash.)
Allow the squash to cool, and then use a fork to scoop out the noodles.
Combine the chicken, celery, tomato, hot sauce, ranch dressing, butter, and half of the cheddar cheese in a bowl.
Toss the buffalo chicken mixture with the spaghetti noodles.
Transfer to a 9 x 9 casserole dish and top with the remaining cheddar and blue cheese.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the dish is heated through.
Drizzle with additional ranch dressing and top with green onion and parsley.
More Casseroles to Love
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 celery stalks diced
- ⅓ cup chopped tomato
- ⅓ cup buffalo hot sauce
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar divided
- 1.5 ounces blue cheese
- For Topping: Ranch dressing green onion, parsley
Cook the Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife, slice the spaghetti squash lengthwise. Remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet with the cut side down.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until tender.
- Allow the squash to cool slightly. Use a fork to scoop out the noodles.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, tomato, hot sauce, ranch dressing, melted butter, and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Toss with the spaghetti squash noodles.
- Transfer to a 9 x 9 casserole dish and top with the remaining cheddar and blue cheese. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the chicken is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Leave a Reply