You won’t believe how easy it is to make Keto Cheese Chips right at home! You only need six ingredients, and you can do hands-on prep in a matter of minutes! These tasty bites are perfect for snacking, dipping, crumbling on top of soup, and so much more.
You can find cheese chips at almost any grocery store these days. They make such great snacks!
But have you ever tried making your gluten-free chips right at home?
You’ll be amazed how simple it is to whip up a batch of Keto Cheese Chips!
Not only do they taste amazing and give you that satisfying crunch, but they’re also way less expensive to make.
(Plus, these cheese chips have a taste and texture that are more like real chips than a lot of keto cheese chip options made with just cheese slices.)
And once you know how to make your own, you can start experimenting with all the different flavors! There are so many fun variations to try. And who doesn’t love experimenting with cheese?
From snacking to dunking in your favorite dips to crumbling on top of soups, there’s never a bad time to enjoy Cheese Crisps.
Once you give them a try, you’ll want to make this keto snack again and again!
Ingredients for Making Cheese Chips
- Cheese — I recommend sharp cheddar for the best flavor. If possible, grate your own instead of buying shredded cheddar cheese, which uses anti-caking agents that add carbs. Mozzarella or parmesan cheese can be substituted for half of the cheddar.
- Egg whites — These help give the Cheese Chips texture and bind everything together.
- Almond flour — Make sure you’re using almond flour as opposed to almond meal.
- Seasoning — Garlic powder, smoked paprika, and a little salt add an extra pop of flavor. If you would like a bit of heat, add cayenne pepper. Of course, feel free to adjust the spices to your liking.
Tips & Tricks
- Don’t skip the parchment paper, or it will be very hard to roll out the Cheese Chip dough, and it will stick to the pan.
- Don’t forget to remove the top piece of parchment paper before freezing or stacking. Otherwise, the paper could stick to the top of the chips.
- To make the Baked Cheddar Chips easier to break apart, you can score the dough before or after freezing.
Check out my Keto Cheese Chips Web Story.
Serving Suggestions for Low Carb Cheese Chips
- This super easy Dill Pickle Dip has a delicious, unique flavor that will keep you coming back.
- When you can’t get enough cheese, Keto Baked Brie will go beautifully with your Cheddar Cheese Chips!
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip is a classic recipe that’s easy to make and packed with flavor.
- Three kinds of cheese and a subtle kick of heat make Keto Spinach Dip perfect to serve with keto-friendly chips.
- Keto Guacamole is always a hit! Make it once, and you will be hooked. (Sometimes, I like to do a low-carb salsa with the guacamole.
Want to play around with the flavors of this Cheese Crisps Recipe? Just add extra seasoning or ingredients to the food processor before blending the dough! (Or you can sprinkle some of them on top.) Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Everything Bagel Chips — Add 2 teaspoons of Everything But The Bagel seasoning.
- Pizza Cheese Crisps - Add 2 tablespoons of marinara plus 2 teaspoons of pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning.
- Taco Cheese Chips - Add 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning.
- Nacho Cheese Chips - Add 1½ teaspoons chili powder, 1½ teaspoons of smoked paprika and ¼ teaspoon onion powder.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Cheese is naturally low in carbs and a good source of protein and fat.
As long as you don’t have any dietary restrictions that prevent you from eating dairy, cheese is a great ingredient to include in a keto diet.
This recipe is for X servings (the number of chips per serving is going to depend on the size of the pieces you break them into).
Each serving has X grams of total carbohydrates and X grams of fiber, leaving you with X net carbs.
Any type of cheese should work for this recipe, but keep in mind that you may need to slightly adjust the cooking time.
If you try a different kind of cheese, keep an eye on the oven to make sure the Cheese Chips don’t overbake.
Tools Needed to Make Cheese Crisps
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Baking sheets or Cookie Sheet
- Food processor
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Mat
- Rolling pin
You can store Cheddar Cheese Crisps in an air-tight container in the fridge. They will stay fresh for up to four days.
How to Make Keto Cheese Chips
Add the cheese and egg whites to a food processor. Process until smooth.
Add the almond flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt. Pulse until combined.
Divide the mixture in half.
Transfer half of the mixture onto a piece of parchment paper, then place another piece of parchment paper on top.
Roll the mixture out until very thin. Remove the top piece of parchment paper, then transfer to a baking sheet.
Repeat with the remaining half of the mixture, transferring to a separate baking sheet when done.
Freeze for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 275° F.
Bake for 1 hour.
Allow to cool, then break into pieces to serve.
More Keto Recipes to Try
- For even more crunchy goodness, Keto Low Carb Tortilla Chips are crispy, salty, and simply irresistible.
- Keto Zucchini Fries are a perfect low-carb alternative to french fries and a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies!
- If you need more low-carb ideas to serve with your favorite dips, Keto Crackers are super crunchy and full of flavor.
- Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, Keto Zucchini Chips are delicious nibbles loved by all.
Keto Cheese Chips
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar grated
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Process the cheese and egg whites in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt.
- Pulse until combined.
- Divide the mixture in half.
- Place half of the mixture on a piece of parchment paper and place another piece of parchment paper on top of it.
- Roll the mixture out until it it very thin. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining half of the mixture.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 275° F.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool and then break into pieces.
Leave a Reply