I can’t stop thinking about how good these Keto Meatballs are! They are an easy family favorite that is always a welcome addition to the table. Serve them over zucchini noodles or a simple veggie side for a simple and satisfying meal.
My family loves meatballs, and these Keto Meatballs are a favorite of ours.
They are simple to make and the kind of recipe every cook should learn to make by heart.
Whether you use your air fryer, Ninja Fodi Grill, or you prefer baked meatballs, this is sure to become one of your go-to keto recipes.
Ingredients for Making Keto Meatball Recipe
- Ground Beef: You can use 80/20 or 90/10 ground beef.
- Garlic: Adjust the amount of garlic to your liking. Garlic powder or onion powder and be used if you prefer.
- Seasonings: A blend of Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper adds the perfect flavor to these meatballs. Want to go fresh? Fresh parsley and fresh basil or oregano can be used.
- Eggs: I used large eggs.
- Gelatin: This is optional. It helps to keep the meatballs moist and tender and helps to bind them in the absence of breadcrumbs.
- Broth: You can omit the broth if you are not using the gelatin.
- Parmesan: I recommend buying parmesan and grating it yourself.
- Almond Flour: Use finely grated almond flour.
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
- For the best texture, make sure you don’t overmix the meat.
- I recommend using a cookie scoop to measure out your meatballs to ensure they are uniform in size and cook evenly.
- If you would prefer, these meatballs can be pan-fried for a crisp exterior and then baked until cooked through.
- Crushed pork rinds can be used in place of the parmesan and almond flour if you prefer.
- Heavy cream can be substituted for the broth.
- You can brush the exterior of the meatballs with olive oil or avocado oil to help the exterior crisp up.
- If you like, ½ cup of sauteed onion can be added to the meatball mixture. Just be sure to adjust the carb count.
Frequently Asked Questions
I used 90/10 ground beef, but 80/20 will work as well. If you use 80/20 and bake rather than air fry or use the Ninja Foodi Grill, you can expect to have some fat that accumulates around the meatballs. Just blot it off as necessary.
Any ground meat works to make this easy keto meatball recipe. Feel free to substitute ground pork or ground turkey. Italian sausage is also great.
I use finely grated parmesan cheese and finely ground almond flour. Additionally, I like to use gelatin in my meatballs. It helps with both moisture and helps the meatballs hold shape.
What keto sauce for meatballs can I use?
I use my homemade Keto Marinara. Keto Alfredo Sauce is also a fun way to mix things up.
If you want to buy sauce, make sure you read the label as many brands have added sugar. My go-to brand for sugar-free marinara sauce is Rao’s. If you choose another brand to enjoy with these keto beef meatballs, make sure it is keto-friendly.
Yes. Allow them to cool completely, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze until solid.
Once they are frozen, you can transfer them to a freezer-safe container.
The ideal internal temperature after the meatballs have rested for 10 minutes is 165° F.
I recommend using a small cookie scoop to measure out your meatballs for the most uniform size.
Most meatballs are not keto because they use bread crumbs as a binder.
Tools Needed to Make Keto Italian Meatballs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Low Carb Meatballs are great served with zucchini noodles, palmini noodles or mashed cauliflower. (If you are low carb and not keto, low carb spaghetti is another option.) Round out the meal with Keto Breadsticks or Garlic Knots and a simple green salad.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to four days.
They may be frozen for up to three months.
How to Make Keto Meatballs
First, start by placing the ground beef in a large bowl. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Next, beat the eggs in a small bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin.
Heat the broth until warm, but not hot.
After that, add the warm broth to the gelatin mixture and whis to combine.
Then add the gelatin mixture, parmesan cheese, and almond flour to the ground beef and mix to combine. Be careful not to overwork the meat.
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the meat and form into meatballs.
Ninja Foodi Grill Meatballs
Set the grill to air crisp and the temperature to 375° F. Set the timer to 10 minutes.
When the grill is preheated, arrange the meatballs in a single layer in your air crisp basket. (You will need to cook in two batches.)
Next, cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through if desired.
Keto Air Fryer Meatballs
Preheat your air fryer to 375° F.
After that, arrange the meatballs in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd.
Cook for 10 minutes.
Repeat with the remaining meatballs.
Line two small or one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange the meatballs in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes.
Don't miss my Keto Meatballs Web Story.
More Meatballs for Your Keto Diet
- Keto Meatball Soup is one of my go-to recipes for the cooler months. It is deliciously rich and so satisfying.
- Looking for a meal the whole family can enjoy? These Keto Swedish Meatballs are perfect!
- Craving cheese? You will love Keto Stuffed Meatballs!
- Mix up your meal plan with these Keto Lamb Meatballs.
- Keto Turkey Meatballs tossed in a punchy BBQ Sauce for a meal that never gets old.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl and add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and sprinkle with the gelatin.
- Heat the broth in a small saucepan or microwave-safe dish until warm but not hot.
- Add to the gelatin mixture, whisking vigorously to combine.
- Add the gelatin mixture, parmesan, and almond flour to the ground beef and mix to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- Scoop out the meat with a cookie scoop, and form it into meatballs.
Ninja Foodi Grill
- Set the grill to Air Crisp and set the temperature to 375° F and set timer for 10 minutes.
- When the grill is preheated, arrange the meatballs in a single layer in the air crisp basket. You will need to cook in batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165° F,, flipping halfway through.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375° F.
- Cooking in batches to avoid overcrowding, arrange the meatballs in a single layer in your air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. The internal temperature should be 165° F.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange the meatballs in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through or until the internal temperature is 165° F.