Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs require just a few simple ingredients and less than 10 minutes of hands-on time. By baking the chicken thighs in the oven, you'll get perfectly cooked meat with a crispy skin. Follow along, and I’ll show you how to make this mouthwatering dish step-by-step, with plenty of helpful photos and tips along the way. Get ready to impress your family and friends with this simple yet delicious recipe!
If you're on the lookout for a delicious and healthy meal that's naturally low-carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly, oven-baked lemon pepper chicken thighs are a great choice!
This recipe features tender and juicy chicken thighs seasoned with zesty
lemon pepper, making it a flavorful and satisfying dish that's easy to prepare.
Even members of your family who aren't watching their carbs will love the fresh and tangy flavors of this dish!
So fire up the oven, grab your ingredients, and get ready to create lemon pepper thighs that are delicious and perfect for almost any diet!
- Lemon Pepper: Lemon pepper is a seasoning blend made with lemon zest, pepper, and other spices. You can find it in the spice aisle at most grocery stores. If you don’t have lemon pepper, try using black pepper and lemon zest.
- Italian Seasoning: A mix of herbs commonly used in Italian cooking, including oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, and marjoram. I keep a jar in my kitchen, but you can make it if you prefer. If you would like to use something different, try a blend of onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and dried parsley.
- Sea Salt: Use a teaspoon of fine salt or kosher salt per pound of meat.
- Chicken: I used bone-in chicken thighs, but you could use another cut or boneless chicken. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and use an instant-read thermometer to make sure that the meat reaches 165° F before serving.
- Oil: Avocado or olive oil are great options.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed is best. I like to garnish with lemon slices as well.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
How long can I marinate lemon pepper chicken?
Because we use citrus in the marinade, we recommend only marinating for 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator. This will help to ensure that the lemon doesn't break down the proteins in the chicken and make it mushy.
Can I make this recipe with boneless skinless chicken?
Yes, you can use boneless skinless chicken in this recipe. Just keep an eye on it as it cooks since the cooking time will be shorter than bone-in pieces of chicken. Make sure to use an instant read thermometer to check that the chicken has reached a safe internal temperature of 165°F.
Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
If you want to make this more than 2 hours ahead of time, leave off the lemon juice and add that just before cooking.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Oven safe skillet or baking dish
- Instant read thermometer
More Chicken Recipes to Try
- Keto air fryer chicken wings are easy to make and loved by everyone! Give them a try, and you will be hooked.
- With a perfect marinade and delicious cheesy topping, you will love this keto parmesan crusted chicken.
- Party appetizer or main course? You decide! Either way, you will love these keto buffalo chicken meatballs.
- Keto chicken piccata is special enough to make for company, but easy enough for a busy weeknight.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 ½ pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt. Sprinkle over both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large baking dish or oven-safe skillet.
- Pour the oil and lemon juice over the chicken.
- If you have time, let the chicken sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. (You could also refrigerate for up to 2 hours.)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- Bake the chicken for 35 to 45 minutes, until an instant read meat thermometer registers 165° F.
- If you would like crisper skin, put the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes.